Join Slow Food Now!
Slow Food is an international movement that works to strengthen the connection between the food on our plates and the health of our planet. Our members are involved in activities such as:
• Raising public awareness, improving access and encouraging the enjoyment of foods that are local, seasonal and sustainably grown
• Caring for the land and protecting biodiversity for today’s communities and future generations
• Performing educational outreach within their communities and working with children in schools and through public programs
• Identifying, promoting and protecting fruits, vegetables, grains, animal breeds, wild foods and cooking traditions at risk of disappearance
• Advocating for farmers and artisans who grow, produce, market, prepare and serve wholesome food
• Promoting the celebration of food as a cornerstone of pleasure, culture and community
Memberships are handled by Slow Food USA. When you join, you become a member of the international, national and local branches of Slow Food. In additioning to supporting the activites mentioned above, you will receive reduced prices for admission to our events. Contributions are tax deductible.
Membership fees go primarily to national and international programs. Our chapter receives most of its funds from event proceeds.
click here to join >>